The Edmonton International Cat Festival is seeking new volunteer committee members!
Since the beginning, the Edmonton Cat Festival has operated thanks to a very small but dedicated volunteer team.
We’ve always been purrr-oud of what we’ve been able to accomplish with our tiny team:
Since 2014, the festival has raised $126,000 for local rescues
Pre-pandemic, in-person events saw up to 3,000 cat loving purrticipants
Since going virtual, we’ve brought together hundreds of cat lovers from nearly 100 locations around the world
- Our festival line-ups are pawsitively ameowzing! Interactive, educational, and so meowch fun
But we are looking to expand!
We are recruiting new volunteer committee members to help plan for 2022’s event (and beyond), and build a more sustainable non-profit organization that will continue to celebrate cats, cat culture and cat people, while raising money to support the impurrtant work of local cat rescues.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for Alberta-based cat lovers to join our committee and bring fresh perspectives to the festival. Experience with sponsorships, communications, social media, event planning, project coordination, and grant applications are ideal (though not necessary—we’re open to recruiting any local cat lover who can be committed to supporting the festival through whatever strengths you have).
COMMITTEE MEMBER EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend at least 1 planning meeting (virtual or in-person) once per month leading up to the event
* Note: meetings typically run January – June.
Meeting frequency tends to increase during the month of the event (May)
- Contribute ideas, feedback, and take on specific tasks or lead specific activities assigned during meetings and via follow-up emails
- Be available to volunteer during the event
* Note: for 2022, the virtual event will take place Saturday & Sunday May 28 & 29, 2021
We would want new committee members to be available those dates.
- Love cats!
WHAT COMMITTEE MEMBERS GET:
- Meal stipends for some meetings * our budget isn’t big lol
- Cat-themed thank you gifts
- Free tickets to the event
- Opportunities to host, moderate or interview festival guests (including celebrity cats, cat specialists, etc.)
- Volunteer with likeminded, cat-loving committee members
- Help raise money and make a difference for cat rescues, helping cats in need
* Note: there would be additional perks related to in-person events once we return to them
- Wednesday, Feb 2, 2022
We thank all who are interested and apply but only successful applicants will be contacted. We are recruiting a limited number of additional members this year, and may look at expanding that number for 2023—so this year’s applicants may also be contacted for 2023.
Stay tuned for more festival details leading up to the May 28 & 29, 2022 virtual weekend!