The City of Edmonton Animal Care & Control returns this weekend as one of our Edmonton Cat Festival sponsors, promoting responsible cat ownership! How responsible a cat owner are you?
Don’t worry, being a responsible cat owner isn’t a secret. Which is why we’re happy to share some tips!
If you’re attending the festival, keep this blog post handy as we ask these questions throughout the weekend. Sharing your answers enters you for a chance to win pet licenses and cat themed prizes from the City of Edmonton Animal Care & Control!
Question: What is one way to let your cat enjoy time outside, safely?
Answer: investing in catios! Making sure they are leashed or on harnesses. Supervising their outdoor time. Even making sure your cats are spayed and neutered.
Question: If you find a cat outside, should you leave it or take it to Animal Care & Control?
Answer: Leave the cat where you found it! Cats are 10 times more likely to return home if left where they’re found.
Question: Why should you microchip your cat?
Answer: These unique pieces of ID tell Animal Care & Control and vets that your cat belongs to you! Microchip IDs increase the likelihood that you’ll be able to reunite with your cat if it ever gets lost or displaced in an emergency.
Question: True or false? Spaying and neutering your cat curbs their urge to roam, inhibits aggression and saves you money on your yearly pet license fees.
Answer: TRUE! Spaying and neutering your cat DOES curb their urge to roam, inhibits aggression and saves you money on your yearly pet license fees.
Be sure to attend the following sessions during the virtual Edmonton Cat Festival weekend for a chance to win prizes from City of Edmonton Animal Care & Control:
- Caturday May 29
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Live Kitten Cam with Little Cats Lost
- 1 – 1:30 p.m. – Catios 101 with Hellas Custom Catios
- Sunday May 30
- 10:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Live Kitten Cam with Second Chance Animal Rescue
- 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Live Kitten Cam with Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Your $20 festival ticket gets you access to a weekend of CATivities & purr-gramming. 100% proceeds from this year’s festival will be donated to Edmonton cat rescues Little Cats Lost, Second Chance Animal Rescue (SCARS), and Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society (AARCS).
Plan your virtual Cat Festival weekend!
- Get tickets to the 2021 Edmonton Cat Festival: May 29 & 30
- See the full schedule for the 2021 Edmonton Cat Festival: May 29 & 30
- Read tips for a smooth virtual Edmonton Cat Festival experience
- Enter the 2021 Cat Festival Digital Scavenger Hunt
- Learn how to win AMEOWZING prizes from this year’s sponsors