⚠️ Calling Edmonton Cat Lovers ⚠️
The Edmonton International Cat Festival is looking to add additional members to our Planning Committee!
Since we started in 2014, the Edmonton Cat Festival has operated thanks to a very small but dedicated volunteer team. We’ve always been purrr-oud of what we’ve been able to accomplish with our tiny team—putting on Edmonton’s biggest cat celebration and raising $146,000 for local rescues since we began nearly a decade ago. As we look ahead to our 10-year anniversary (May 2024), we want to add additional members to our Cat Festival Committee!
The Edmonton Cat Festival is recruiting new volunteer committee members to help plan for 2024’s event (and beyond), and to help us build a more sustainable non-profit organization that will continue to celebrate cats, cat culture and cat people, while raising money to support the impurrtant work of local cat rescues in the Edmonton area.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for Edmonton area-based cat lovers to join our committee and bring fresh perspectives to the festival. Experience with sponsorships, communications, social media, website management, graphic design, event planning, project coordination, and grant applications are ideal, though not necessary. We’re open to recruiting any local cat lover who can be committed to supporting the festival through whatever strengths you have.
COMMITTEE MEMBER EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend at least 1 planning meeting (virtual or in-person) once per month leading up to the event
- * Note: meetings typically run September – June.
- Meeting frequency tends to increase leading up to the event (April / May) –
- Contribute ideas, feedback, and take on specific tasks or lead specific activities assigned during meetings and via follow-up emails
- Be available to volunteer during the event day(s)
- * Note for 2024 we are looking at hosting a few smaller events throughout May, along with one big, single-day pawty on Caturday, May 25, 2024 (tentative date). We would want new committee members to be fairly available in May.
- You should love cats!
WHAT COMMITTEE MEMBERS GET:
- Meal stipends for some meetings * our budget isn’t big lol
- Cat-themed thank you gifts * we appreciate your time and support
- Free tickets to the event * and tickets for your friends and family
- Opportunities to host, moderate or interview festival guests (including celebrity cats, cat specialists, etc.)
- Gain experience on an event committee and be involved in a unique community event
- Volunteer with likeminded, cat-loving committee members
- Help raise money and make a difference for cat rescues, helping cats in need
- Monday, July 31, 2023
Virtual interviews will be arranged with potential applicants in September.
We thank all who are interested and apply but only successful applicants will be contacted. We are recruiting a limited number of additional members this year. If you are not selected this year, applicants may re-apply or be contacted for future events.